Manager of Commercial Operations and Business Development
Pinnacle Midstream is a fast-growing Houston-based company that provides gas gathering and processing services.
Our operations are in the Midland Basin in West Texas. The Manager of Commercial Operations and Business Development will be responsible for increasing the volume of natural gas delivered into our company’s midstream assets in the Midland Basin in West Texas. This person will also be responsible for the monthly management of nominations etc. This person will prospect and perform associated daily commercial and business development activities and establish long-term relationships with customers and other industry people throughout the upstream and midstream area, while working closely with Pinnacle management and operations. This is a role where teamwork is critical, and which requires flexibility and adaptability as we evolve. It requires someone with a strong initiative, drive, business acumen, analytical capacity, and creativity.
- Work with management and operations to originate, negotiate, and sign natural gas gathering and processing contracts with producer clients.
- Develop relationships and contacts to expand Company’s midstream assets in the Midland Basin in west Texas including gas gathering and gas processing.
- Commercial Operations:
- Manage day to day commercial operations
- Manage all monthly nominations receival and confirmations
- Assist in resolution of commercial and contract disagreements with customers.
- Assist in managing monthly P/L and runtime reporting to Management
- Work with Operations to coordinate well tie-in planning and volume going to sales
- Business Development:
- Develop relationships with Producers nearby that are currently connected to third-party midstream companies to ensure opportunity to bid on production when contracts expire.
- Use prospecting tools to determine the locations of possible wells in the area that will need the above services
- Perform associated business development activities
- Work together with executives, operations, engineering, and finance to create a plan for asset expansion.
- Assist in analysis of capital investment opportunities to connect new production to our gathering systems.
- Assist in the identification and support evaluation of acquisition opportunities.
- Strong past experience with gathering and processing settlements and monthly processes
- Approximately 35% anticipated travel
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Position title and compensation will be commensurate with experience level
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or similar discipline
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Oil & Gas or Energy industries (Midstream)
- Must be motivated to excel and work in a highly fluid and time demanding environment
- Must be willing to put in extra work to achieve success
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint)
- Gas nominations, scheduling, processing statement settlements etc.
- Strong analytical, organizational and documentation skills required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal required
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines, and multi-task in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
- Understanding of energy commodity markets and the ability to understand the implication of market movements
- Hydrocarbon exploration, production and drilling
- Gas gathering, processing, pipelines and terminals
- Economic analysis, capital planning, and project management
- Construction practices and field hydrocarbon separation equipment
- TRRC/FERC Regulatory awareness
- Experience utilizing and manipulating Enverus software (Drilling Info)
- Critical Competencies: Action Bias; Results Driven; Value Identification & Capture; Teamwork; Innovation; and Leadership
Aubrei Woods | firstname.lastname@example.org
Pinnacle Midstream is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.